Saturday, May 8, 2010

Folded Plate Structure



Folded Diamond Corrugation.


Geometric Breakdown of surfaces and points
Here is a sketch showing how the surface that we are trying to re-create can located in space within the frames of the offset surfaces that we created in Grasshopper. Refer to this when trying to figure out which points to connect to which, as we learned in class yesterday, this can get a bit confusing if we don't properly label and keep track along the way.

The end result is a parametric version of a simple diamond corrugation.
Here is the definition: Folded Plate Structure.ghx


2 comments:

  1. Dear Paul Langley,

    I am a student and right now I am studying the same origami folding with grasshopper. Would you mind sharing your folded structure.ghx? This Link doesn't work now.
    Would be great to compare your file with my own file.
    Please write me as soon as possible.

    Kind regards,
    Aist.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Paul,
    I am in the same situation like Aist above. Please help us. Thanks. If it is easier to contact in email, my address is fhtsia@hotmail.com

    Best,
    Parker

    ReplyDelete